Monday, September 12, 2011

From Here to Flagstaff.

It seems I have failed to keep this blog up to date. I am very sorry and I hope I can do better for you and for me. I am such a slacker.

Anyhoo...2 weeks ago I returned from an amazing adventure. My parents, myself and my girls drove across country from Delaware to California in a Ford Fusion. 5 people. Fusion. Cross Country. 5 people. Fusion. Cross Country. Just want to make sure you have the mental picture. It was pretty amazing though. I am sure you have already figured out that I was over the moon on going back home to California. I was too excited for words!

 I wanted to share with you our trip and I may have to do it in 2 or 3 blog posts. The first part of our trip was great...the feeling of the open road and being on vacation, there is nothing like it. Our 1st night we stayed in Richmond, IN (just across the border of OH). The girls were able to go swimming in the heated pool and I was able to get in a small workout in their not so well equipped gym. The 2nd night we drove from Richmond, IN to a place called Sapulpa, OK (just outside of Tulsa). This is the day that I saw the Lucas Oil Stadium where the Colts play and I drove over the Mississippi, I saw the St Louis Arch and met a Facebook friend I had never met before! Here are some pics from the first couple of days.

Here is a picture of an Indian Trading Post in Illinois...obviously modern. They had some amazing stuff in there though...mostly hand made. Jocelyn got herself a little drum and Lexie got a ring for her friend and one for her.


                                  My girls, Lexie and Jocelyn, in Illinois at the Trading Post.


Something they had set up at the trading post...all made from wood, I believe. All of them for sale...should have brought back those horses huh?


                                      The girls in the hotel room in Tulsa after a LONG drive!


Jocelyn and her new friend! She is the same age as Jocelyn, which is how I met her mother on Facebook! So neat how we ended up around the corner from her house!!

Jocelyn was doing better than I expected and only had 2 "moments" that lasted about 2 minutes each where she was either overly hyper or crying. Not bad for a kid who just turned 3. Lexie was all plugged in, whether it was her iPod, iPad or the DVD player she was having a good time. My dad and I took turns driving although, even though I am in my 30's, I don't think he was completely comfortable in the passenger seat, but enjoyed the break and being able to enjoy the scenery and really take it in.

The following day was our longest. 970 miles to be exact. The plan was to drive from Sapulpa, OK to Gallup, NM...however we drove to Flagstaff, AZ. THAT is A LOT of driving!! But this too was a good day. We saw Oklahoma, City, we ate at an awesome "little" place in Amarillo, TX and drove clear through New Mexico, one of the prettiest states in the country. This day also meant we would be in California the next day!!


                                                Jocelyn being happy to be on the road again.

                         Lexie and Jocelyn in Oklahoma...did you know that the state animal is a...

                                                                        A Buffalo!!
                                               Lexie and Jocelyn in Texas...it was HOT!!

                                  The reason I have NO plans to move to Texas...in a rest area.


The "little" place in Amarillo, TX I was talking about. As seen on Travel Channel and Food Network...if you eat a 72oz steak with sides you get it free!! I had a buffalo burger...and I couldn't finish that.


                              Some New Mexico scenery...the pictures do it NO justice at all!!

This wraps up our first 3 days of our trip. I hope you enjoyed it. I wish I could have taken you all with me but we were pretty full already. 5 people. Fusion. Cross Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment