Tuesday, June 14, 2011

All Because of a Dress.

The hubby decided I was not going to be staying in the house today so we decided to hop on the bus and head to Prices Corner in Wilmington. There are a few stores up there like Sears, DEB, Rugged Warehouse, a QVC Outlet, Staples and a wedding gown place called David's Bridal. Anyway, we get to Sears and I am quickly told that I can not buy anything for the children...Oh no!! A whole new world for me...I don't remember the last time I went somewhere and didn't buy anything for the kids. Eeeek! What was I supposed to do?? I HATE shopping for myself...regardless of the popular stereotype that women love to shop...I hate it. I like to go in, get what I want and leave.

I decided to step out of my comfort zone of denim shorts and jeans and try on a summer dress...bad idea! I left the dressing rooms, promptly hung up the dress on the "I don't THINK so" rack and said "I am going on a crash diet and I am not eating until September!" Obviously humans cannot live this way...so I quickly came to my senses and we stopped at the GNC store that was close by.

Of course, we were greeted by 2 buffed out dudes...but I guess that's better than the alternative of a Size 00 chick in little hot pants selling me weight loss products, not that I am saying anything negative about Size 00 girls but I don't need one selling me weight loss stuff in one of my dark moments...I found something I think I am going to try and I will report my progress once a week for, at least, the next 6 weeks. Reporting to you guys might help me stay on track. The 2 buff dudes suggested this Lean Shake mix and some Fish Oil vitamins. It came with a 14 day meal plan that I might actually be able to follow. It doesn't have a bunch crazy meals on it that I would have to travel to a market in the middle of Peru to find the ingredients for.

So, this is going to start tomorrow and I can only hope this is the last time I have to do this and that this time I will lose what I want to lose. This is not a diet, it is a life change...this is not a diet, this is a life change, this is not a diet, this is a life change...great, I think I am all set...let's see...

Motivation (the picture I took on my phone of me in the dress) CHECK!
Products (What buff guy #1 suggested) CHECK!
Support (The hubby) CHECK
Goal (Lose 35lbs and gain some energy) no check.....YET!

Ok people, I am gonna do this! I have never followed through with a diet before so wish me luck!

On another note, I really had a nice day out of the house but I am definitely firing the housework fairies who did not show up to clean up my messy house while I was gone!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment