Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's been a while...

My efforts to make more frequent blog entries have been thwarted by computer issues, sick children, and general projects around the house. An update is due.

Jocelyn was developing rashes over the weekend. They were pretty bad actually. We ended up at the ER on Friday night. If there are other parents reading this they have already been through this, but this was one of those times that you hoped the rash (or other problem) would last until you got to the doctor. Now, don't get me wrong, you also want it to go away so you know the child is better, but you want the doctor to see 2 things...number 1-The rash (or other issue), so that it can be diagnosed and number 2-That you aren't that crazy paranoid mother who rushes the kid to the doctor every 5 minutes! Luckily, the rash was still there and actually appeared in other spots almost in front of their eyes. It turned out to be viral and they told us what we thought they would...give her Benadryl and keep your eye on her. Ahh well, sometimes you just need other people to tell you they are ok.


As far as my diet, after 3 weeks of dieting and excercising, I have lost 9 lbs! I admit I was expecting more results by now but I will take it! I know my excercise is not at it's max level yet but I am doing what I can. Especially with my asthma being as bad as it is. Side note:Asthma sucks...real bad. I have been enjoying being more active in general. I like walking around the zoo or to the park or even parking further away in the parking lot...I don't see it as such a burden or obstacle I see it as an added bonus to the day. Somedays I really DON'T want to go to the gym but once I get there I am fine...well until I get to the stupid bike...man, I hate that thing! The part I am most proud of myself for has been my abilty to resist food temptation, but that Baked Mac & Cheese looked SO good!'

I am also less than 2 weeks away from vacation!(Which I would like to be down another 5 lbs for) In case you didn't know, I am super excited. Although there have been some unfortunate changes to the schedule, I am so pumped to just GET AWAY! I don't want to rush it here because I know that the sooner it gets here the sooner it's over. I am in no rush to get back to my normal, boring apartment or my normal, boring car. I am NOT one of those people who say "It's nice to go on vacation but it's nicer to come home". As long as I have my family with me I would keep moving. I am a rolling stone!! Lol.

I guess I will sign off here because the other topic on my mind (the children) is enough for its own post.

Have a beautiful day readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment