Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One week down....

After 1 full week of changing my eating habits to try to lose weight, I have learned a few things. Some things I have found helpful and others...well, you'll see.

One thing I already knew is that dieting people have a list of things they know up front that they can't do. For instance, I knew going in that I was not going to be able to have soda anymore (one of my weaknesses), I also knew that I could no longer just sit around and that if I wanted to truly lose weight, I would have to get moving. What I did NOT know, well, that list is a little longer.

I did not know how scary reading the labels would be...some things have so much fat or sugar that you don't know how you could fit the thing down your neck. Labels are the root of all evil...I had no idea. I also did not know that dieters could not watch the Food Network...this is a HAZARD for us dieting people. I don't know about you, but I can smell food through the TV, especially now. I did not realize that you could not read ANY magazines, as these show very bright and vivid pictures of food. I have also learned that you cannot go to a restaurant...yes, they have a "Lite" menu...but it is right under the "Juicy Burger" menu. They make you read through the quesadillas, the pizza, the mozzarella sticks, the fried chicken and the giant overloaded baked potatoes to get to "Grilled Cardboard with Steamed Styrofoam" Really? The grocery store is also off limits for beginning dieters. Non dieters really don't understand the magnitude of the grocery store for us...we have 3 aisles that we can go crazy in...the produce, the meats and the cleaning section...that's it. I also learned that EVERYONE is trying to sabotage you, with their "just have one bite" or "you gotta try this". I have remained strong and thwarted their efforts time and time again!

I have struggled staying away from all things bad but I feel like I have done well. I have had a diet soda, but other than that I have not cheated...I have been for 45 minute walks for the past 2 days and plan on another today and starting at the fitness center tomorrow. I am EXCITED to feel good in my own skin again. I am EXCITED to not avoid mirrors. I am EXCITED to feel better and look better. I am looking forward to seeing the scale change and not just moan when I step on. Overall, I am just determined to get rid of the excess. Sometimes an ounce of determination is all it takes...but it probably has 12g of Fat in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment