Monday, June 20, 2011

Extra! Extra! The Cash's are on the move!

As you know, if you have read my previous "A Peek into my Earlier Life" post, you know I like to travel. I am currently planning a week long getaway in classic Griffiths style...trying to jam as much into a week as we can. Hopefully, we don't complete my family's cycle by locking the keys in the trunk...another to do on the vacation list when I was a kid.

The plan is drive 7 hours to Niagara Falls, check out the night view of the falls and then spend a little while in Niagara the following morning then drive to Buffalo and check out the stadium where the Bills play...whatever that one is called...I know it's named after someone but for the life of me no name is coming to mind...then we drive to Rochester to visit a friend for her birthday for a couple of days (can't wait to see her!) then to Syracuse to see the university and to Cooperstown for the Baseball Hall of Fame then onto Boston for 2 days. Whew! I am going to need a vacation after this vacation.

One of my favorite parts about vacations are the hotels and this time, the rental car!! You know how you always love the rental car better than your own...I can't wait for this part! The rental car makes you feel like a million bucks...well, except if you have a Porsche and you rent a Minivan, but I can assure you we don't have a Porsche. You really feel like you are far from home when you are in a hotel...even if you get a hotel close to where you live.

I think we all have our favorite vacations and our favorite vacation spots. My favorite spot is, of course, California, but my favorite vacations were Chicago in 07 and Ohio in 06. Chicago was great...it was Jamaine, Lexie and I touring the city at our leisure, it was great! We drove out there...I love driving, I think it is half of the vacation. Our favorite spot was probably Millennium Park. It was amazing there. Ohio was wonderful too! The hubby and I went by ourselves (Lexie was in California with the 'rents...don't worry, we didn't just leave her) and we went to the Football Hall of Fame...a must see for any football fan. We also managed to see a Cleveland Browns practice by accident...I know, I know...The Browns?? But it was really neat to see them practice not 10 ft from where we were sitting! Ohio was the vacation place that we both said "I could live here".

I am SO ready for this trip!! I have not been on vacation since Chicago in June 07! Actually, we did do a few day trips in 2009 but we always came home every night...it's not the same! It's funny how the lack of vacations coincide with Jocelyn's arrival, but I am sure they are not connected....well, maybe they are. I feel like I have been stuck here watching other people pack and go on MY vacations...not this time because I am outta here!!

Knock, knock... knock, knock, knock.....no one's answering at the Cash house! Well, we will today...but next month we won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment