Friday, September 16, 2011

FB&R...Fun, Beauty and Relaxation

Well, in this installment of the California Road Trip, I will show you the fun and the beautiful side of the sunny state. More reasons to visit, or in my case, hopefully move back to, California.

After relaxing and going to Santa Monica to spend time with my childhood BFF and enjoying dinner at Ye Olde King's Head Restaurant with 7 family members (practically a complete family reunion for us). We were to hit up Disneyland next. This would be the first time I had been to Disney with the kids. Lexie had been a few times with my parents, both Disneyland and Disney World. This would be a very special day for me. My family and I, while I was growing up, lived about 30 minutes from the Magic Kingdom and would go once or twice a year. It was MUCH cheaper to do so in the 80's. Anyway, I am rambling. Jocelyn was sure to love her first visit.

As we entered the through the gates Jocelyn had yet to wrap her head around the organized chaos of the Disney experience. She overly enjoyed seeing the Princess Castle and walking through it instantly changed her into a princess, in my eyes anyway!

We got to see Mickey as we walked in but missed the end of the line by 2 people...ahh well, at least we got to see him!


                                                       The girls on Main St Disneyland.


One of my favorite pictures. Lex and Jo with Walt and Mickey with a princess castle as a backdrop!!


                                                        My lovely princess at the castle.


On the It's A Small World ride. Tradition has us do this ride first every time we go. Can't break tradition.


                       Meeting Goofy. I thought Jocelyn would freak out, but she gave him a high 5!


This part was by far Jocelyn's favorite part!! I can't even begin to describe how happy she was here in Pixie Hollow. THIS 10 minutes was well worth the entire admission price. She met Fawn (above and of course her ultimate favorite....


                                                              TINKERBELL!!!


Jocelyn ran straight to her!! And then look at my other princess...standing eye to eye with Tinkerbell. Where does the time go??


            And of course they did the Dumbo ride! One of Jocelyn's favorite...besides the carousel!!


And this is how EVERY kid should leave Disneyland! I am so grateful to have been able to do this with my girls!

While Disney was amazing and nostalgic, our trip wasn't over here. We still had A LOT of vacation left. Now I will share...


Sequoia National Park! Home of the Giant Sequoia Trees. I have been here many times and I always remember that the trees are big but you forget HOW big and are amazed every time. This picture with the girls and the sign is another tradition...every member of the family has their picture taken here, with the exception of the newest member, my sister in law.

I am going to post pictures of the trees but I can tell you, it will do them no justice. Only one will make you understand the sheer size of the giants.


                                                     Beautiful scenery in Sequoia.

                                                        Entering the Giant Forest


                                           People would drives their cars on this fallen tree.


                    Looking down on my mom and Jocelyn from the roots of the fallen "Auto Log"


Does this picture put in perspective for you? The roots of the tree that fell almost a hundred years ago. You could stack 3 Lexie's from top to bottom.


                                                         Another example of size.


Some more scenery. I could post pictures all day from Sequoia. In fact I think I took more pictures here than anywhere else. Everything is just amazing up there. but I think you get the point and I will move on to the next part.


Back at my aunt and uncle's house. This was my view EVERY morning. Something I really miss. I would go straight outside and sit on the swing with Jocelyn while Lexie slept in and enjoy the peace and quiet and watch the hummingbirds sip at the nectar and the dragonflies skim the top of the pool. Paradise.

Just happy...but it's almost over now and we will be packing to head home shortly. So I will leave you with the image that I go back to when I need a small mental break and then on the next post I will take you with me on our trip home! Still so much to see. Vegas, Utah, Colorado and more!


                                                           Sit on the swing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment