Friday, September 30, 2011

Going home...for all intents and purposes

I have delayed this trip home like I wish I could have the actual trip. I am now on my final installment of California road trip. I have shown you so much already but there is still so much more to see. This trip taught me just how small I actually am. All the time I spent wrapped up in my own world, all these things were happening all over the country. People were horseback riding through the canyons of Utah, gambling on the Vegas Strip, kayaking the rivers of Colorado, and farming on the flat lands of Kansas. There are people, right now as I am typing and you are now reading that are doing these things. Sometimes we need to remember there is more to life then our life. You gain a certain appreciation of things after seeing the country this way.

As the last day in California arrived, I got sad knowing that in a few short days I would be back in Delaware leading my mediocre life...or that's how I saw it anyway.

                                 Here is the sun setting on my last night in beautiful California.

Here, I must tell you that sometimes I wonder if I would truly be happy in California or if I just think I will be. After this trip, those doubts were put to rest. Anyway, let's carry on towards Delaware.

We had to stop at Bob's Big Boy on the way out of Cali. Yes, I had a Big Boy! Don't judge me!


We made it to Las Vegas. This part of Vegas is so nice! This is the strip. We had managed to squeeze between 2 storms on the way...we had done this a few times during our long drive. Something about out west is that you can see storms that are miles away. The lightning storms on the tops of mountains are amazing!
                                                    It really is nice on the strip but....


                                       "Fabulous" Downtown Las Vegas is not so "fabulous".

Yes that sign says "Speed Limit 80" You gotta love Utah!! Let me just say, we made up some time this day!


This was the best part of the trip home. This is in beautiful Circleville, Utah. It is the boyhood home of Butch Cassidy...you know, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? Ever heard of them? The funny thing about this house is that it is completely unmarked. There is no sign on the side of the road marking a historical site. It is just there about 100 yards of the road. It is almost like Butch Cassidy might have shamed Circleville. Either way, it was pretty cool!

More beautiful Utah scenery. This is the Sevier River. The surrounding rocks were absolutely beautiful. This picture, like many others taken on this trip, do it NO justice.


                                     Yep, Utah again. It was too pretty to not take pictures!




The 2 pictures above are from Avon, Colorado. It, too, was beautiful but not Utah. After Denver it was surprisingly flat. We also dodged a couple of storms in Colorado. it worked out well that the road we were traveling took a turn South or we would have been clobbered!


                     I debated posting this one, it is Kansas. This is about it. Still very nice though.


Here is another shot of the Gateway Arch in St Louis. We got a lot closer to it going east. Jocelyn calls it the "silver rainbow".

This pretty much concludes the trip. Everything from here on out we already saw going West. I, however, didn't feel vacation was over until we got into Pennsylvania. The reason is, I can get to Pennsylvania in about 10 minutes from my house. As soon as I saw the Delaware sign my mood changed, I was back. No more palm trees, back to reality.

So now the countdown is on again...10 more months until I see again what I had waited for 9 years to see...


                                                          Welcome home, Judy.

No comments:

Post a Comment